Our partnership with Tourism Cares
Intercruises is thrilled to announce that it has recently signed a partnership with Tourism Cares – a US-based non-profit organization that aims to “advance the travel industry’s social impact in order to make a positive impact on people and places.”
By signing this partnership, Intercruises joins over 180 other members, including tour operators, travel agents, buyers, suppliers, destinations, trade media and other industry associations. Tourism Cares is also an affiliate member of the UN World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the World Travel & Tourism Council.
“This partnership is yet again another testement to Intercruises’ ongoing commitment to sustainability within the industry, and we’re very happy to be supporting a cause that has already made such a big impact, not just in the US, but across the globe.”
Andrea Gonzalez, Sustainability Development Executive
In the last 12 months, the Tourism Cares community has:
- Marshalled 650+ industry volunteers, delivering $300,000 in impact with Tourism Cares for Our Cities in Oakland, Detroit, Providence, and Toronto
- Introduced new skilled volunteering and in-booth trade show opportunities, engaging 1000+ volunteers to serve 1000+ beneficiaries with Clean the World and Operation Gratitude
- Raised more than $350,000 for the Destination Disaster Recovery Fund, supporting the Caribbean, South Florida and Texas Gulf Coast in the wake of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria.
- Granted $70k in scholarships to 44 students studying travel, tourism and hospitality – most of which were paired with veteran industry mentors, leading to internships and jobs
- Grown Good Travels Advisors community to almost 1000 agents, certified to market and promote best practices in meaningful travel and responsible voluntourism
For more information regarding Intercruises’ ongoing committment to sustainability, please contact our Sustainability Department.